Last month Pantone revealed its colour of the year 2017 – Greenery. Pantone describes Greenery as a ‘fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring’.
Greenery is a bright, happy colour, but my first reaction to it was, “Isn’t it too bold? Too strong? Won’t it be ‘too much’ if used as the main decor colour?” As Pantone interestingly points out, Greenery is ‘nature’s neutral’. Have you ever thought a dense jungle or a lush green meadow to be ‘too green’? Have you ever thought that the sky, the earth, any animal, bird or flower of any colour, ‘doesn’t go with the green’?
That makes it easy to decorate with Greenery, Pantone colour of the year 2017. By itself, it adds a bright freshness to any space. Or you could combine it with other colours to break the monotony. So here are 23 ways to use Greenery in your home.
Decorate With Greenery, Pantone Colour of the Year 2017
Use Greenery for Your Surface Finishes:
You could use Greenery on any of the surfaces in the room.
(1) Paint your walls in Greenery: You could use a plain wash of the colour, or a textured finish on the wall.
(2) Use the colour in tiles.
(3) Greenery on the floor can be a surprising new look.
Pic: Billet Collins
(4) You can even use it on the ceiling, with a coat of paint or wallpaper as seen in this picture.
Pic: Chatfield Court
Use Greenery on Furniture:
(5) Start with the outside of your home… paint your gates and doors in Greenery.
(6) Greenery on your kitchen counter top.
(7) Not renovating your kitchen? Repaint or relaminate a few of the cabinet shutters and get Greenery into your home anyway.
(8) You could use the repaint trick on any existing cabinets and showcases.
Pic: The Pink Clutch
(9) Paint the kids’ bed in Greenery and brighten up their room instantly.
Pic: House of Turquoise
Use Greenery in Furnishings:
So you’re not interested in a major renovation but still want the year’s latest look. Here are easier ways to add Greenery to your home.
(10) Use wallpaper to add the colour to any room.
Pic: Aventure Deco
(11) Add green drapes to a neutral room, and suddenly your room is all about Greenery!
(12) Include Greenery in your bedding.
(13) Green upholstery on your sofas and chairs is an easy way to get the colour into your living room.
(14) Reupholster your dining chairs for the same effect in your dining room.
Pic: Decor Pad
Add Green Accessories:
Upholstery… Curtains… way too difficult. You are looking for a quick fix. If low cost, zero time is what you want, then these are decorating tips for you.
(15) Throw in a green rug, and see how it changes your room instantly.
Pic: Redo Home + Design
(16) Or put some cushions and a green throw on your sofa.
Pic: Stone Gable
(17) Add a fresh flower arrangement with lots of Greenery to complete the look.
Pic: The Fuller View
(18) Candles are another easy add on. You could use green candles, or green around your candles!
(19) Get gorgeous green crockery to transform your dining area.
(20) All sorts of green accessories to ‘greenify’ your kitchen.
Pic: Blue Tea
(21) A green shower curtain will add Greenery to your bathroom.
(22) Also, green towels and rugs!
Pic: Dan 330
Okay, this now is REALLY the easiest decorating trick… and we’re back to my fave decor accessory!
(23) Plants, plants, and lots of plants! In your living and dining room…
In your bedroom and kitchen…
And even in your bathroom!
Pic: The Jungalow
So there you have it, 23 ways to decorate with Greenery, Pantone colour of the year 2017. From ideas for renovating to easy add-ons, its all there. Here’s to giving your home the 2017 look. Let me know how it goes and share your transformations and ideas with us!
Until next time,